Digital & Tech Awards Breakfast
Join Cablefax for the Digital + Tech Awards Breakfast when the winners will be announced. We will also be honoring the Most Innovative People in Multiscreen. (Awards Breakfast included in All Access Pass – Separate tickets also available)
Registration and Networking
Opening Keynote | The Future of TV: Which Screen Wins?
One of the sharpest analysts covering media and entertainment, Needham & Co.’s Laura Martin will talk about why media stocks lost billions of dollars of market cap in 2015 and what’s driving their valuations in 2016.
Laura will set the tone for the day by:
• Analyzing trends in viewing, devices, economics, new online competitors and other factors
• Using data and economics to highlight opportunities
• Discussing challenges for Internet and media competitors as they follow consumers across multiple screens.
• Giving you and your team keen insight into where the multiscreen universe is taking the industry.
Acronym Soup: How to Survive the Multiscreen Chaos
With convergence now a reality, content owners and distributors alike must navigate a complicated world that includes set-top boxes, mobile devices, gaming consoles and now even virtual reality headsets.
But what are the best ways to manage and monetize across those devices? And how can companies figure out how to satiate consumer desires that seem to be changing on a daily basis? We’ll explore these questions and more.
During this session:
• Gain insight about the latest technologies, and how can they facilitate content across screens.
• Get a feel for how news out of the Consumer Electronics Show in January will affect this multiscreen world in 2016.
• Find out how programmers, distributors and vendors can take advantage of the latest multiscreen trends and technologies.
• Glean perspective on how understanding the complexities surrounding multiscreen content can help you and your team edge out competitors.
TV Advertising Everywhere: Harnessing the Power of Multiscreen Marketing
Advanced advertising has become the norm, but the most successful companies are using their power to supercharge overall marketing success both for clients and for in-house promo. Whether it’s VOD, programmatic or beyond, the best strategists are more effectively targeting the right audience segments, demographics and psychographics.
In this session, speakers will discuss:
• How the convergence of traditional and digital environments has changed the game for both those who buy and sell ads to reach consumers across all screens and environments.
• The expectations for a record year in political advertising.
• What’s in store for both distributors and programmers.
• Tips on how you and your team can thrive as advertising brands increasingly demand even more granular metrics, targeting and measurable results.
Virtual Reality Show: How VR-Enabled Content Will Change the Content Game
Sure, you’ve heard about VR. And yeah, they say it’s for real this time. But with leading filmmakers, video game programmers and TV creatives all working to make VR a mainstream reality in 2016, now is the time for the most forward-looking TV execs to figure out how to monetize this burgeoning new form of content.
In this introspective session, we’ll:
• Give you a 101 primer on VR—but also a high-level perspective on how VR content and technology may very well turn the video content and distribution industry on its head.
• Discuss the potential for advertising, marketing messages and cross promotion of content.
• Examine how to best communicate the new technology to your consumers.
• Probe the confusion surrounding how to define and market different immersive content, including VR, augmented reality, 360 content and beyond.
• Bring you and your team up to speed on the hottest topic of 2016.
Don’t take our word for it: With companies ranging from Facebook to Google to Sony to Samsung pushing VR out to the masses, it could represent the biggest opportunity of the year. Don’t be left behind.
AFTERNOON KEYNOTE: Gaming as Content: Are You Twitching to Get Started?
You’ll learn about:
• Potential monetization and cross-promotional opportunities within ignore this voyeuristic intersection of gaming and content.
• Key e-sports principles that every marketer, business development and programming team must master to find success amid a fast-changing business.
• How e-sports has started to intersect with traditional content.
• Traits unique to the e-sports demographic—and how this audience is rapidly evolving amid the multiscreen revolution.
When Content Attacks: No Structure, No Distribution… No Problem
Remember when programmers depended solely on traditional distribution deals to survive? No more.
The onslaught of OTT has gone beyond pioneers like TheBlaze and WWE—and now it’s part of the mainstream, with established players ranging from HBO to Showtime to ESPN offering OTT options to consumers. But while it’s an exciting time, programmers still depend on license fees even as they dip their toes in the OTT waters.
In this session, we’ll ask:
• Where we go from here?
• What’s the end game and the monetization strategy in a world in which bundles are disintegrating before our eyes?
• Who will be the winners and losers?
• How can the best marketing and content strategy teams leverage consumer OTT trends to grow the overall business.
You’ll get keen insight about how (and even whether) the traditionally symbiotic relationship between programmers and distributors can survive this disruption and chaos. The big question: Is this symbiosis simply evolving into something new—or are we witnessing the early stages of the destruction of the current TV ecosystem?
Brainstormify!: Mastering the Multiscreen Marketing Challenge
In this interactive session, we will put you through a mock scenario in which your company’s high-profile streaming launch across screens was marred with technical problems that affected engagement and viewership. It didn’t go well, and now the C-suite wants a quick action plan outlining a multiscreen strategy to cope with low audience numbers and win back the hearts and minds of millennials.
You & your team will form a small group, brainstorm ideas and present the bullets to a panel of judges, who will pick the winning plan. Beyond bragging rights, this is an opportunity to infuse yourself and your team with the spirit of cooperation, teamwork and “brainstormification.” And by hearing the results from other teams, you’ll gain new insight and ideas for your own next real-world multiscreen campaign.
Social Screens: Building Community in a Multiscreen World
You’ve heard it all before: Your PR & marketing team knows you can’t manufacture social media excitement out of thin air. You can’t force a video to go viral. You simply can’t fake it when it comes to marketing content across platforms. The best marketers set up environments for fan interaction—and then get out of the way. This session will explore how savvy companies use social media to drive engagement and find success.
Actionable Tips Include:
• How to coax the conversation while not trying to control it.
• Creating effective campaigns that harness the organic consumer energy while respecting the space that modern viewers demand.
• Learning the latest platforms, methods and social media tactics that fully capitalize on every audience segment across every screen.
With all of your competitors hitting social media hard, this is your chance to edge out your rivals. This session is a must for both traditional and digital strategy teams at programmers and distributors alike.
Biggest Takeaways of the Day
After a day of learning and networking, you will get a chance to unwind with Cablefax during the cocktail reception. There will be plenty to talk about and this event is a great time to ask experts questions or network with your colleagues.